Neil Fleming has recorded two presentations – an introduction to VARK, and a guide to using VARK in your teaching. These presentations are available as videos for purchase.
Topic 1: Introducing VARK
This presentation was designed for those who want to learn about VARK and use it with their students. Neil Fleming, designer of the VARK questionnaire and resources explained the basics of VARK before discussing some of VARK’s more complex issues including mistakes made by some users.
The video presentation is available here: Presentation 1: Introduction to VARK.
Topic 2: Teaching with VARK
What will you learn?
- Do I have to teach in four ways for my students?
- Which students are likely to miss out from my teaching?
- Is my teaching linked to the way I learn?
- Why should I change my teaching strategies that have worked fine before?
- Should I consider more variety in how I assess my students’ learning?
- Surely some topics should be taught in only the best way?
- Can students use VARK as an excuse for their non-performance?
It is not necessary to have viewed the “Introducing VARK” presentation (above) before viewing this one.
The video presentation is available here: Presentation 2: VARK for Teachers and Trainers